Robin's Breast Cancer Blog

This collection of messages was written as we've been dealing with Robin's breast cancer for several reasons: (1) To keep our friends ("extended family") up-to-date. (2) To educate folks about "the cancer trip". (3) To help us absorb what was happening, and purge any negativity that might affect Robin. Robin must maintain a positive, hopeful attitude, but with realistic understanding. We follow the mantra, "One day at a time", and trust that God will make good come from difficulty.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

5/5/10---Robin Continues to Improve (5/5/10)


I just got home and it is after 10:00 PM, so I PLAN to keep this short. We'll see if I can do it!

Last night (5/4/10), Robin was not doing as well as I reported earlier in the day. She was never as loopy as she was on May third, but she was not as lucid as earlier in the day, so I was beginning to worry.

I saw Robin at each of the opportunities I had today (5/4/10). (All four). Although she was tired, she seemed to be fine mentally.

The Infectioius Disease doctor came by while I was there, and he said that Robin's kidney was "inflamed" but it was not damaged! This was very good news. He discussed the treatment going foreward: 12 more days of IV antibiotics. He said Robin could be transferred back to a regular room as soon as one was available, and she could go home when she was strong enough (he estgimated 2-3 days). The room transfer is complicated by the infectious disease that Robin has. It requires her to be isolated, which means alone in a room, or with a roommate who has the same bug. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it doesn't appear to be an oncoming train!

We owe many people "THANKS" and I owe many email replys, but I'm fading fast. I'll try later, perhaps this weekend. Please know that Robin and I DO appreciate everyone's support during this

I just wanted to let you know that Robin continues to improve and may be out of ICU soon.

Love and Thanks to all!

                  --- Larry