Robin's Breast Cancer Blog

This collection of messages was written as we've been dealing with Robin's breast cancer for several reasons: (1) To keep our friends ("extended family") up-to-date. (2) To educate folks about "the cancer trip". (3) To help us absorb what was happening, and purge any negativity that might affect Robin. Robin must maintain a positive, hopeful attitude, but with realistic understanding. We follow the mantra, "One day at a time", and trust that God will make good come from difficulty.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Introduction

 
The following narrative is a cumulative collection of e-mail messages that I have written as Robin and I have been dealing with breast cancer. The messages are ordered by time, so that the most recent information is at the end.

I wrote these e-mail messages for several reasons. First, to keep our friends (more accurately, "extended family") up-to-date without having to repeat the story many times. This was especially important during the early phases when it was so difficult to discuss. Secondly, I wrote these to educate folks about the process and realties of "the cancer trip". Finally, and most importantly, I wrote these for me, so that I could absorb what was happening, sort it out in my mind, and for the purgation of any negativity that might affect Robin. I have felt from the start that, although I am pessimist by nature, my most important function is to help Robin maintain a positive and hopeful attitude, while keeping a realistic understanding of what is happening and where we are headed. In general, we are trying to follow the mantra, "One day at a time", and trust that God, in His own time, will make good come from this difficult path.

==================================================